Just what you need! Those who at least try to avoid Google, and non-Canadians, get bonus points for effort…
1) Which Canadian architect is known for his curvy titanium structures?
2) What took place on two giant islands in the St. Lawrence River in 1967?
3) Which pianist was famed for unconsciously singing along with the music?
4) Who coined the term Generation X?
5) What hockey legend became equally famous for doughnuts?
6) Which Canadian actor invented a stopwatch that runs backwards?
7) What is Canada’s national game?
8) Whose heroic journey lasted 143 days and covered 3,339 miles?
9) Which political leader has been called the greatest pop star Canada has ever produced?
10) Which branch of the Canadian government sold the Disney Company the rights to its image?
And my additions:
a) Which hit film of 2007 featured two fresh-faced new stars, both of them Canadian?
b) What is poutine? What do you do with it?
c) Which Canadian singer changed her name to Issa but has now changed it back again?
d) Who, or what, are The Habs?
e) Where is The Shrine?
f) Which hottie television star and singer has a twin sister who’s an award-winning journalist?
g) What is, (other than a Beatles’ song) The Walrus?
h) What profession did the inventors of Trivial Pursuit practice before the game’s success and (bonus) where did they work?
i) If I asked you for a Timbit, what would you be giving me?
j) What are the first words of the Canadian national anthem? In French? Traduisez, SVP!
k) Who were the Group of Seven? Bonus: Can you name some of them?
Happy New Year, eh?